Adventure Package four nights
Enjoy San Juan & Indio Maiz with this offer combining a four-day stay and activities
Every Adventure Package four nights includes:
- 4 night accommodation at one of Guacimo River Lodge Deluxe Cabaña or Superior Bungalow
- Daily a la carte breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Wildlife & community activities included during your stay:
– Morning of day 1: our special half-a-day tour Canoeing Indio Maiz, consisting on canoeing down the San Juan river up to Indio Maiz Biosphere reserve, then entering the reserve for a guided 2hrs hike, and continue your canoeing trip through the quiet waters of the Bartola river up to El Playon for a nice bath and rest in the middle of the forest. Motorboat returns you to Guacimo.
– Afternoon of day 1: Visit to El Castillo XVII fortress and the local cocoa cooperative where you will taste a just made chocolate. El Castillo charming town and the great views over the river are a great way to enjoy the San Juan and relax after an intensive morning.
– Morning of day 2: Special hike through the Tropical forest trail Zompopo with sections of small river creeks and giant Almendro and Cedro trees. You will be able to observe white-faced capuchin and spider monkeys, the green poisoned frog, luckily the footpring of a jaguar or a tapir, and some of the bird species inhabiting Indio Maiz forests.
– After sunset, you will enjoy the night tour with our private boat to observe nocturnal wildlife in the San Juan.
– In day 3 you will navigate further down the San Juan past Machuca rapids to reach one of XIX Gold Rush era sunken steamships now turned into a small tropical island. You will observe the wildlife of the San Juan as you advance, and combine it with the great history of this river with the help and knowledge of our local guides.
- Free check-in and check-out river ride between El Castillo and Guacimo Lodge
If you need assistance with transfers from Nicaragua or Costa Rica to Guacimo Lodge, please visit Getting Here.